Marigold's most Common
It's OK to ask !
We get asked a lot of questions about Marigold : #1 "Will it get me high ?". All the answers below.
Fortunately ( or unfortunately) not. Marigold’s cannabis component is extracted as oil exclusively from the seeds of the cannabis sativa, in a cold-pressed extract process. Hence, it doesn’ t contain any THC, the psychoactive substance of Marijuana.
You bet ! Extracted from the seeds of the cannabis sativa plant and based on the official analysis and formal documentation, Marigold has been approved and validated by the spanish health department as legal for consumption.
Both marijuana smokers and non-smokers recognize April 20 or 4/20 as a national holiday for cannabis culture, but few actually know how the date got chosen.
Some say “420” is code among police officers for marijuana “smoking in progress.” Some note 4/20 is also Adolf Hitler’s birthday. And some go as far as to cite Bob Dylan’s song “Rainy Day Women #12 & 35” because 12 multiplied by 35 equals 420.
But, to put it bluntly, those rumors of the history behind how April 20, and 4/20, got associated with marijuana are false.
The most credible story traces 4/20 to Marin County, Calif. In 1971, five students at San Rafael High School would meet at 4:20 p.m. by the campus’ statue of chemist Louis Pasteur to partake. They chose that specific time because extracurricular activities had usually ended by then. This group — Steve Capper, Dave Reddix, Jeffrey Noel, Larry Schwartz, and Mark Gravich — became known as the “Waldos” because they met at a wall. They would say “420” to each other as code for marijuana.
CBD is extracted from the leaves, flowers, and stalks of the cannabis plant. “cannabidiol—known as CBD—is one of over a hundred active compounds or cannabinoids found exclusively in the cannabis plant.
Hemp seed oil, on the other hand, is relative to many other carrier oils—along the lines of sunflower seed oil and jojoba oil—in that it’s a cold-pressed extract from seeds. Hemp seed oil, sometimes referred to as cannabis sativa seed oil, is a perfectly good seed oil that’s high in antioxidants, omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, but contains no CBD. Hemp seed or cannabis sativa seed oil has been available in health food stores for decades and abundantly present in smoothies and skin care.
Hemp seeds are the seeds of the hemp plant, cannabis sativa. Tthey are from the same species as cannabis (marijuana) but a different variety. However, they contain only trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana.
Hemp seeds are exceptionally nutritious and rich in healthy fats, protein and various minerals.
Here are 6 health benefits of hemp seeds that are backed up by science:
- Technically a nut, hemp seeds are very nutritious. they have a mild, nutty flavour and are often referred to as hemp hearts.
- Hemp seeds contain over 30% fat. they are exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
- They also contain gamma-linolenic acid, which has been linked to several health benefits (1).
- Hemp seeds are a great protein source, as more than 25% of their total calories are from high-quality protein, considerably more than similar foods like chia seedsand flaxseeds, whose calories are 16–18% protein.
- Hemp seeds are also a great source of vitamin e and minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc (1, 2trusted source).
- Hemp seeds can be consumed raw, cooked or roasted. hemp seed oil is also very healthy and has been used as a food and medicine in china for at least 3,000 years (1).
Let's keep in touch !
Brewers ain't spammers ! We'll only send you relevant updates.